We Laughed Our Faces Off
If you were with us this past Sunday, you know what I'm talking about. The message by guest speaker and comedian, Michael Jr. was awesome. Someone described it as "laughing our faces off." That's true, but it was also a great reminder that the things that we go through are a "set up".
God doesn't cause the unpleasant things that happen in our lives but He can use those to "set you up" to help others. If you missed the message, check it out here:
Operation Christmas Child Packing Party:
Dinner (Mexican Nachos is the rumor!) will available starting at 6:00 and the LifeKids/Switch Students will begin packing at 6:30.
If you still have donation item, please bring them with you on Wednesday. We also need $7/box for shipping. If you would like to donate towards the shipping costs, you can bring that on Wednesday night or on Sunday morning.
LifeChurch Family Christmas
One of the most popular traditions that we have in our short MJLife history is our annual LifeChurch Family Christmas. This is a night where our church family gathers for a Christmas themed talent show that includes performances of singing, dancing, readings, skits, videos, and just about any other talent that you can think of. We usually have lots of kids sign up but we also need families and adults to participate so be working on your act now!
This year the event will be held on Sunday night, December 20th. Can you believe that's just a little over a month away?? Mark your calendars!
We have LOTS happening through the end of the year. Go ahead and mark your calendars now so you won't miss out on the fun!
- Surviving Marriage with Marriage & Family Counselor, Neil Sharpe: Sunday Night, November 15th at 6:00 (Childcare provided)
- Brooks House Family Night (Everyone is invited to go to the homeless women/children shelter to minister to those at the shelter. We'll take some pizzas, a guitar, and our kids and have some fun serving those at the shelter: Wednesday Night, November 18th
- Thanksgiving After Church: On Sunday, November 22, immediately after church we'll be having our church-wide, potluck Thanksgiving meal.
- Switch Manhunt: This is a CAN'T MISS event for our Middle & High School students! It will be on Friday night, December 11th. We'll have more details later but we also need fun adults to be involved so if you're an adult and you're fun, we need you!
- Christmas Carols at Mt Juliet Health Care: On Wednesday, December 16th, we'll be going to the nursing home and bringing some joy to the residents. (Bruce Crues' mom is a resident so this year we can make it even more personal.) The LifeKids/Switch students will make cards to hand out and we'll sing some Christmas carols to bring in the Christmas joy to everyone!
- LifeChurch Family Christmas: December 20th, 5:00 (Info above)
- Christmas Eve Service: December 24th, 5:00