One of the best ways to meet people, develop relationships, and grow as a follower of Christ is to serve the local church. And it’s not just on the weekends; serving opportunities are available seven days a week.
Whether you’re good with numbers, words, technology, or people , God wants to use your gifts and skills to make a difference, and there are opportunities available.
At MJLife we believe it is our mission to help people go from where they are to where God wants them to be. Part of that mission includes serving others. Serving is part of our culture, whether it is here at the church building or out in the community.
Here are a few examples of our Sunday morning serving opportunities:
- Serving as Host for our guests as they arrive on Sunday morning for worship
- Setting up the snack area
- Loving someone's child in the nursery so that they can go to worship and be encouraged.
- Getting the building ready for guests with cleaning, putting out signs, etc.
- Working with our tech team
- Playing in the band
- Teaching in LifeKids
We encourage you to serve "inside the walls" of the church and "outside the walls" of the building. (For more information on serving "outside the walls", see our "LifeMissions" page on the website for examples.) We'll give you opportunities to serve in either area or both, according to your passions and interests!