Communities aren’t changed by programs, but by relationships. Our strategy for missions is to build and support relationships that inspire change. We can build relationships by volunteering with our local mission partners, and we can also support relationships worldwide by giving to our global partners.
At MJLife we believe it is our mission to help people go from where they are to where God wants them to be. Part of that mission includes serving others. Serving is part of our culture, whether it is here at the church building or out in the community.
We try to keep our finger on the pulse of our community and are always asking God, “Lord, where should we be involved in helping?” Projects we have done in the past include serving at the Nashville Rescue Mission, providing FREE popcorn and drinks at Mt. Juliet’s “Movies in the Park,” and sponsoring families for Christmas. Another fun and meaningful project that we orchestrated is a huge garage sale that raised money to buy special shoes for an amputee.
We believe that Christ wants us to reach outside of our walls and be Christ’s ambassadors to the world. Sometimes we know people don’t care what you know until they know that you care. We help with no strings attached in the name of Christ.
We've heard it said that our kids are “the church of the future” but we don't really buy into that thinking. We believe they are the church right now. We think it’s important for them to live for Christ NOW so we also provide our LifeKids opportunities to serve. Here are a few of the projects that MJLife, including our LifeKids, have been involved in:
- Raising money to help prevent human trafficking by participating in a walk-a-thon.
- Taking smiles and hugs to a nursing home.
- Sponsoring a baby shower for the Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Serving in various ways on Sunday mornings, such as putting out chairs, serving as a host, or setting up the coffee.
- Feeding a hungry team of baseball players at the ballpark to help parents who didn't have time between work and the game to fix a meal.
We’d love for you to serve with us!